April 15, 2014

Top 10 Self Tanners

Top 10 Self Tanners



We've been blessed with a few really pretty days here in Washington. That's cause for celebration around these parts. We usually get one nice day and then we're punished for it for the next week with rain, wind and chilly temps. All this Springy weather has me thinking about tank tops, sun dresses and shorts which means it is time to get rid of that pasty skin! In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with milky white complexions. In fact, I'm a BIG fan of pale skin. However, I have had PLENTY of experience with my share of self-tanner (or sunless tanner). Here are my top 10 favorite formulas!

Pearls - Discover The Best in Health and Fitness, Women's Lifestyle, Dining, Travel, Activities for Kids, Beauty, Fashion, Home Decor, and More

1 | Toma's Tan Self Tanning Airbrush Spray I first learned about this sunless tanner from one of my favorite beauty blogs Maskcara. I decided to give it a whirl as I'm always on the lookout for a good "spray" tanner. So glad I did. Great color, no streaking and fool-proof application.
2 | Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance Sunless Tanning Creme Lotion This is an awesome drugstore self-tanner. It's a really creamy lotion that applies like a dream. The color is surprisingly brown, not orange and it's super moisturizing which is fantastic for dry skin!
3 | TanTowel Self-Tan Towelette Classic I discovered these portable little tan towels when I was working at Nordstrom. I was kind of skeptical as I've never applied self-tanner this way, but I LOVED how quickly they dried and the color was so pretty! These are a great option if you want to apply self-tanner and you don't have a ton of time to walk around your house in the buff waiting for your lotion to dry.
4 | Lorac selfTANtalizer Body Bronzing Gradual Self Tanner I love this guy. It's unique in that it is a body makeup that gives an immediate bronze glow that won't rub off, and it's a gradual self-tanner that develops over time PLUS it comes with a handy mit so that you don't get orange palms. Bonus!
5 | Tanwise Dark Bronzing Mousse If you haven't tried a mousse formula, I urge you to give it a shot. For some reason, I was worried a mousse would be extra-streaky, but it was quite the opposite. I was able to get an extremely even application and this mousse, similar to the TanTowels dries VERY quickly. You have to work a bit quicker when applying, but you're able to get dressed faster also. The color on this is a very deep, rich brown. No orange at all. Great for slightly deeper skin tones.
6 | Bain de Soleil Mega Tan Sunscreen Lotion With Self Tanner Ban de Soleil has been around for-ev-er. They were the first self-tanner I ever used (back in junior high) and they have really gotten their color down pat over the years. One of the most believable tans in a bottle you can get. The Mega Tan has a sunscreen in it (only SPF 4 so don't rely on this as your primary sunscreen).
7 | Guerlain Terracotta Spray SPF 10 This spray isn't actually a self-tanner, but rather an instant bronze. It's pricey but it's the Mercedes of instant bronzers. Guerlain is known for their bronzers and this spray is no exception. This formula comes out of the can SO fine it is virtually impossible to make a mistake. This is an awesome little "secret weapon" to have on hand for those times you need a quick bronze but don't have time to apply a self-tanner and wait the 4-6 hours for the color to develop. JLo has even been rumored to be a fan of this particular bronzer! You can spray it directly onto your collarbone, chest, arms, legs, etc.
8 | Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel Here's another one I discovered while working at Nordstrom. Clarins has some of the most beautiful sunless tanners out there. Period. This gel-consistency applies sooooo smoothly and dries very quickly. The result is skin that looks like you just got back from vacationing in St. Thomas! One of my fave products. Also try out their Delicious Self Tanning Cream. It smells like cocoa so not only does your skin look incredible, it smells good enough to eat!
9 | Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Glow Pad Same concept as the TanTowel, only this one by Dr. Dennis Gross is meant specifically for your face. It's the first anti-aging and exfoliating facial self-tanner with vitamin D. So not only will you have a bronzed face, you will also be transforming dull texture into brighter, glowing skin!
10 | Tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Face & Body Self Tanner Oh Tarte! You've done it again! They can seriously do no wrong in my eyes. Every single product that I've used of Tarte's I'm instantly a fan of. This self-tanner is UH-mazing. It contains their signature Maracuja oil which is one of the most moisturizing oils out there. Lastly? It contains their proprietary PUREshield scent control technology which keeps that pesky "self-tanner smell" to an almost undetectable level.

There you have it! Which self-tanner is your favorite? I'm always looking for new ones to try so if you have one you love that's not listed above, toss it in the comments!

Xoxo!

4 comments:

  1. I really love Tanceuticals CC Self Tanning Lotion and Adonia Bronzing Glow! Both ranked high on my blog for 2014 at www.selftanning.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh very cool, Emily! Thanks for the heads up! A few more for me to try.... ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow..so many choices! Thank you for sharing and linking up with #BeautyBuzz

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you stick around :)

      Delete

 
Let's Talk About Lipstick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat